CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

update

So tonight on my way to work I called my mom as I always do and she informs me that dad is back in the cath lab getting the balloon pump reinstalled. First off it never should have been taken out in the first place but who am I to say, I am just the daughter, ugh. So dad called me at 11:15 when he was back in his room and resting comfortably. He is scheduled to have open heart surgery in the very near future, I believe he will have a ventricular assist device placed and if all goes well he will be sent home to wait for a new heart,
thankfully he is still on the
list. VAD is a device placed surgically on the heart to help it maintain a steady rhythm as apposed to Afib and Vtech, and an external pump on the outside of the body which has to be charged daily.So there you have the VAD in a nutshell.

0 comments: