CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009...yeah not so much

So here it is the second day of 2009, and already I hate 2009.
Let me tell ya about my New Years Eve plans....
Actually lets back up to Tuesday 12/30 to be exact...I set my phone to alarm only when I am trying to sleep, for obvious reasons, not to be disturbed!!! So Annabelle decides she must tell mommy that the mail is here so begins her never ending barking. I get up and get the mail, mind you it is 10:30am and I have been asleep for all of 90 min. I decide to check missed calls, OMG!!!! I have 13 missed calls, WTF??? All are from B's cell phone. B is not allowed a cell phone in work so this is very puzzling and concerning at the same time, I check the voicemail and he is telling me to meet him at the ER, he is having chest pain, ohh hello he is 37, way too young for chest pain. I call him and we talk and he tells me of the pain, and his BP is 194/136...WOW!!! Can this be correct so I ask are you sure? He puts the RN on the phone yup, he is about to explode, nice way to wake up....down for a chest Xray and it is discovered he has severe damage to the cartilage in his chest it has separated, ahh not good and very painful, hence the chest pain...Thankfully it is not an MI, whew!!!! So he will be home shortly and not to meet him as I have to be down the Cape in a few hours for a funeral. B arrives home and is made comfortable by his coworker, have I mentioned I love the guys he works with? Well I do they took care of him till I could get home. I get home and take over care, I feed him and put him and the puppies to bed, ahh we all settle in for a nice nights sleep...ah NO!!! The CO2 monitor is going off, WTF??? I get up and check the furnace, nothing going on there so I get everyone out of the house for some fresh air. We go back in and reset the monitor because that is what I am instructed to do...so here we are at the very early morning hours of New Years Eve Day....No issues all day...we get ready to go to a party where we will ring in the new year.....We arrive at 6:30pm and dinner is late but that's OK because we have good company and great appetizers to keep us, yummy. Finally dinner is ready it is a full on turkey dinner with all the trimmings and it was delicious!!!! We retire to the living room and sit in front of the wood stove, can you guess what happens next? Yup I fall asleep, hubby says to just let me sleep as I have not had much in the past 48 hours....Fast forward to 10:30 and Maggy's dropping a bottle on the hardwood floor, it bolts me upright. hubby sees this and says let's go so you can get to bed, I agree....We arrive home at 11pm, walk the puppies and head off to bed. At 11:20 the Co2 monitor and the smoke alarm are going off I grab the puppies and B head to the basement and yells that the furnace is in flames, holy shit!!!! We extinguish the fire and assess the damage, we no longer have heat or a working furnace, we turn off the pilot light and call it a night, all is extinguished and everything is covered in soot. Nice way to ring in the new year fearing that you are going to lose everything. I believe everything happens for a reason, Maggie dropping the bottle is HUGE, had she not we would have stayed and celebrated with them and arrived home to nothing, no house no puppies no will to live. I called and thanked Maggi's first thing in the morning as her clumsiness saved my home and my puppies. I will forever be in her debt, Can I tell you I love this girl, I owe her everything. We spent New Years day in subfreezing temp with no heat...it was -7 outside, we survived and the very nice furnace people came today and we are now all toasty warm...so far I HATE 2009, but I love the people I have had in my life so far this year.
On a happier note,
I have been on WW for a little over a week and I am HAPPY to report...
I am down 7 lbs,
WOOOHOO!!!

0 comments: